Scholarship Schemes in brief
|Courses||Rate for Hostellers||Rate for Day Scholar|
|Diploma & Certificate Courses||510||330|
|B.A. II & III
B.Sc. II & III
|B.A. II & III
B.Sc. II & III
|XI & XII||235||140|
Parents’/Guardians’ Income – One lakh eight thousand (2007-2008)
2. North Eastern Council Scholarship (NEC) (A merit Scholarship)
|Diploma||Rs. 600 p.m.||Rs. 700 p.a.|
|Degree||Rs. 800 p.m.||Rs. 1000 p.a.|
|Post Graduate||Rs. 1000 p.m.||Rs. 1500 p.a.|
|M. Phil||Rs. 1200 p.m.||Rs. 2000 p.a.|
|Ph.D.||Rs. 1500 p.m.||Rs. 3000 p.a.|
Eligibility – Percentage of marks – 55% for General, 50% for ST/SC/OBC
3. Border Areas Scholarship
Awarded to students hailing from villages notified as Border area villages by Border Area Development. This scheme is a grant/subsidy only. So a student enjoying this scholarship can also enjoy with any other scholarship scheme
(a) Examinations at Post Matric Stage –
|1st Division||Rs. 200 p.m.|
|2nd Division||Rs. 100 p.m.|
|3rd Division||Rs. 50 p.m.|
|B.A./B.Sc./B.Com||Rs. 300 p.m.|
|M.A./M.Sc./M.Com.||Rs. 400 p.m.|
|Engineering/Technical/Agriculture, etc||Rs. 500 p.m.|
(b) B.Ed., Ph.D. M.Phil – not entitled.
4. Post-Matric Scholarship for students belonging to the Minority Communities.
- Courses – from Class XI to Ph.D.
- Eligibility – 50% marks
- Parents’/Guardian’s Income – Rs. 2 lakhs
- Distribution for Meghalaya – 682 (Subject to revisions) (645 for Christian and 35 for Muslims)
- 30% earmarked for Girls students and 70% for both boys and girls
Courses Rate for Hosteller Day Scholar Maintenence XI – XII Rs. 7000 p.a or actual Rs. 7000 p.a. or actual Rs. 235 p.m. / Rs. 140 p.m. Technical & Vocational Courses Rs. 10,000 p.a 10,000 p.a. Rs. 235 p.m. / Rs. 140 p.m. Under Graduate & Post Graduate Rs. 3000 p.a. Rs. 3000 p.a. Rs. 355 p.m. / Rs. 185 p.m. M.Phil. & Ph.D - - Rs. 510 p.m. / Rs. 330 p.m.
5. Merit Cum means based scholarship to students belonging to minority communities.
- No. of Scholarships for Meghalaya - 182 (Christian 172, Muslims 10) (Subject to revisions)
- For Degree or Post Graduate level, Technical and professional Courses.
- Eligibility – 50% marks at Higher Secondary / Graduate level.
- 30% earmarked for girls
- Income of parents/guardian – Rs. 2.50 lakh.
Hosteller Day Scholar Course fee Rs. 20,000 p.a. Rs. 20,000 p.a (for 10 months only from month of admission) Rs. 10,000 p.a. Rs. 5,000 p.a. Rs. 30,000/- p.a. Rs. 25,000 p.a.
- No other scholarship is allowed if students avail this scheme.
6. Pre-matric Scholarship for students belonging to Minority Communities
- For classes I – X
- 50% marks in the last examination.
- Parents/guardian’s income – 1 lakh
- No. of scholarships for Meghalaya – 3640 (Christians -3440, Muslims - 250) (Subject to revisions)
- 30% earmarked for girls
- Rate of scholarships:-
|1. Admission fee Class VI - X
||Rs. 500 p.a.
|Rs. 500 p.a
|2. Tuition fee Class VI - X||Rs. 350 p.a.
|Rs. 350 p.a.
|3. Maintenance for 10 months|
|Nil||Rs. 100 p.m.|
|Rs. 600 p.m (or actual)||Rs. 100 p.m.|
|4. (a) Tuition fee to be credited to schools’ bank account
(b) Maintenance allowance to be credited to student’s bank account.
|5. Students availing this scholarship cannot avail any other benefit under any other scheme|
7. Post–Matric Scholarship to Backward Classes recognized Communities of the State of Meghalaya [Rabha, Boro Kachari, Kocha and any other recognized by Government of Meghalaya by Notification]
- Eligibility: 50% marks
- Parents’/guardian’s income Rs. 6000/- p.m. or less.
- XI – XII @ Rs. 50/- p.m.
- Degree (General) and Diploma Courses in Technical and Professional Courses & Rs. 60/- p.m.
- Post Graduate @ Rs. 70/- p.m.
- Professional/Technical/Medical/Engineering @ Rs. 80/- p.m.
- A scholar under this scheme shall not be allowed to enjoy any other scholarship or stipend
8. State Merit Scholarship
- Junior Merit Scholarship for General Students
No. of scholarship – 25 @ Rs. 200 p.m.
- Senior Merit Scholarship for General Students – No. of scholarship – 25 @ Rs. 250 p.m.
- Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for General Students – No. of scholarship – 05 @ Rs. 400 p.m.
- Post Graduate Research Merit Scholarship for General Students – No. of scholarship – 08 @ Rs. 1000 p.m.
9. Post Matric Merit Scholarship For Tribal Students.
- Junior Merit Scholarship–No. of scholarship – 30 @ Rs. 200 p.m.
- Senior Merit Scholarship–No. of scholarship – 30 @ Rs. 300 p.m.
- Post Graduate Merit Scholarship No. of scholarship – 15 @ Rs. 400 p.m.
- Post Graduate Research Merit Scholarship– No. of scholarship – 30 @ Rs. 1000 p.m.
10. Scheme of Scholarship to students from Non-Hindi Speaking States for Post matric studies in Hindi.
- No. of Scholarships for Meghalaya – 10.
- From Class XI – Ph.D for recognized full time courses of education for studying of Hindi as one of the subjects.
- Mother Tongue – Not Hindi
- Study Place – In non-Hindi speaking States
Class XI – XII @ Rs. 300/- p.m.
Degree (Pass & Honours) @ Rs. 500/- p.m.
Post Graduate @ Rs. 1000/- p.m.
11. The Meghalaya Tribal students Book Grant (Post-Matric)
Eligibility – 60% Marks
|XI – XII (Arts/Commerce)||@ Rs. 500/-|
|XI - XII (Science)||@ Rs. 700/-|
|Degree (Arts/ Commerce) Pass||@ Rs. 600/-|
|Degree (Arts/ Commerce) Honours||@ Rs. 750/-|
|Degree (Science) Pass||@ Rs. 900/-|
|Degree (Science) Honours||@ Rs. 1000/-|
|Post Graduate (Arts/Commerce)||@ Rs. 900/-|
|Post Graduate (Science)||@ Rs. 1200/-|
|Research – M.Phil, M.Lit., Ph.D.||@ Rs. 1500/-|
12. Free Studentship
- For a student who is a permanent resident of Meghalaya.
- He/She belongs to ST/SC Community
- He/She is pursuing a regular course of study in a recognized institution.
- He/She is not enjoying scholarship within the purview of the Government of India’s Post Matric Scholarship to SC/ST and other scholarship schemes of the Central and State Government.
- He/She is not employed in Government or non- Government establishment.
- He is not a repeater in the same class for more than once.
- Application to be submitted through Head of Institution where he/she is pursuing studies.
- Class XI –XII (Arts & Commerce) - 1105/-
- XI – XII (Science) - 1285/-
- Degree General (Arts & Commerce) - 1375/-
- Degree Major (Arts & Commerce) - 1635/-
- Degree General (Science) - 1735/-
- Degree Major (Science) - 2235/-
13. Scheme of Scholarship for Sainik Schools
- General Education upto Class XII for permanent residents of Meghalaya.
- Admission on Merit, 7% seats reserved for STs, 15% for SCs and 25% for Children of Service Personnel including ex-servicemen.
|Below Rs. 5000/- P.M.||Full scholarship||Rs.20,000/-|
|Between Rs. 5000/- P.M. to Rs. 8000/- P.M.||Half scholarship||Rs.10,000/|
|Above Rs. 8000/- P.M.||Not entitled for scholarship||-|
Number of scholarship for Meghalaya is 20
14. Primary School Merit Scholarship under Directorate of Elementary and Mass Education
- Criteria of Selection Through Merit Scholarship Examination conducted by DERT
- Rate of Scholarship – Rs. 100/-