General Information About Organization
The Structure of education in the state, as presented in the figure is based on the national level pattern with 12 years of schooling (10+2+3), consisting of seven years of elementary education, that is, four years of primary and three years of Upper Primary for the age groups of 6-11 and 11-14 years, respectively, followed by secondary and higher secondary education of two years each. The Department of Education is further divided into three directorates i.e. Directorate of Higher and Technical Education (DHTE), Directorate of School Education and Literacy (DSEL), Directorate of Education and Research Training (DERT).
Main objectives of DSEL
- To provide elementary schools in habitations without schools subject to norms.
- To provide free and compulsory education for all children of age group 6-14.
- To eradicate dropouts.
- To improve the basic amenities in schools.
- To review and renew the curriculum at regular intervals.
- To improve the quality of education at all levels.
- To ensure minimum levels of learning.
- To impart training to teachers.
- To eradicate illiteracy.
- To recruit qualified teachers.
- To involve the community in the management of schools.
Mann ki Baat
Ministry of Culture in collaboration with Amar Chitra Katha (ACK) Pvt. Ltd. has launched a series of 12 comic books on the themes and stories covered in the Mann Ki Baat. The first comic book was released on 30th April 2023 in honour of the 100th edition of Mann Ki Baat. In the first book, there are nine stories covering different walks of life from different parts of the country. A set of adorable fictional characters will be constant across this series of 12 books. Through their conversations, we will discover the themes and stories of Mann Ki Baat.
The pictorial books can be downloaded for free from here