Main activities/functions of DHTE
- To administer, regulate and run all Govt. Institutions in the state.
- To regulate the function of all Non-Govt. Institutions in the State.
- Release of grant-in-aid to Non-Govt. Institutions on a quarterly basis and allotment of fund to Govt. Institutions on quarterly basis
- Timely release of scholarship and stipend to students etc.
- Filling up of vacant posts in Govt. Educational Institutions.
- Implementation of various schemes of the State Govt. and also sending of proposal to Govt. for obtaining sanction on various schemes.
List of services being provided by the Directorate
- Award of different categories of scholarship, book grant and stipend to students.
- Award of scholarship to students hailing from the notified border villages in addition to general Scholarship.
- Sponsoring of students for technical studies outside the state against the seats reserved by Govt. of India, both Degree and Diploma.
- Conduct of Entrance Exam for Diploma Course in North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Itanagar.
- Conduct of Entrance Exam for R.I.M.C., Dehradun.
- Conduct of Interview for admission to different Polytechnics, Shillong, Jowai and Tura.
- To regulate and coordinate NSS activities in the state
- To implement and regulate the NCC activities in the state